So as I mentioned in an earlier post, one of the writing clubs in my class is called 'Manventure'. I was really pleased with a conversation I had with one of my students parents where she mentioned that she is really blown away by the motivation 'Manventure' is creating with the boys. She made a comment that has stayed with me - It's almost like the process of this Manventre thing is more important than the actual end product. This is so true. All of the conversations and engagement in the writing process has been fantastic. These boys are showing other kids their age that writing is cool and that both boys and girls can enjoy it.
Another great thing to come out of this has been a recent birthday present one of the boys received this week from his 'Manventure' crew - a t-shirt with the groups name on it. This young man got others printed too and decided to give one to a friend (pictured below).
Engagement, motivation, unity and teamwork in the area of Written Language.
I am sure this idea is going to continue to grow.
Regardless on the final result - I am happy with what these young men are getting out of the journey .
No comments:
Post a Comment