Wednesday, 13 August 2014
Visualising
After wonderful professional development with Sheena Cameron this term - I have felt a lot more inspired in my reading and writing programme. Above is a photo of a quick display my class and I put together about visualising technique.
I asked all children to draw a pair of shoes. Those were the instructions. The children wanted more clarification but for the purpose of the activity I didn't give them any more clues as to what to draw.
At the end I asked all children to sit in a circle on the mat and show the pair of shoes they had drawn. I then asked them to make some observations about what they saw. I recorded their responses.
In the end the children got the message that everyone visualises things differently even though they were asked to do that same thing. We related this to writing and reading and life in general.
This was a powerful and worthwhile activity!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment