Friday, 29 August 2014

Reflection About Google Apps for Education - Term 3

So I started the year with a goal to use Google Apps for Education (Docs, Forms, Spreadsheets, Presentations, Blogger etc) as a platform for the delivery of on-line teaching and learning for the children in my class during 2014 to enhance collaboration, engagement and achievement in literacy.

Where am I at now?
This term students have continued to use documents for their own writing tasks as well as collaborating with others on shared projects. Each child has their own blog which is updated each week during reading and writing time depending on their groups task. 

I also wanted to include some of what we learnt in the Sheena Cameron professional development into what we do in class. She showed us the idea of the Word Wall. I decided to make a link on our 5F Blogger page to Padlets (an online way to make word walls). Here are some examples and another . I have found it to be a great way for children to quickly go onto our blog and add new words from the reading they are doing. It also works for Landscape Learning topics as new vocab they come across can be added and meanings can be added too. I have encouraged children to add to other children's words and meanings. I think the Padlet is a really easy way for children to share and discuss new words/vocab they come across and it is accessible when they need it at home or at school. 

No comments:

Post a Comment