Something exciting that has started to happen in my class recently is the formation of 'Writing Clubs'. The thing I find most exciting about this is that children who haven't been that excited about writing before are suddenly showing an interest and are motivated to get together with others to write.
It all started when a group of boys decided to write a story called 'Manventure'. They created the Google document and shared it to each person in the group. They had meetings about it and discussions about when they would work on it at home. This was something totally student led and has encouraged other students to create writing clubs of their own. One child made a Google form and sent it out to the class asking who would be interested in working with him on a story he wanted to write. Students filled in the form stating what role they would like to take. Some students have put their names down to work in more than 1 club.
This is just the beginning of the idea and I need to give it some room to grow and see where it takes us. Because we are currently working on narrative writing in Year 4, I have cleared the weeks writing schedule for children to work in their 'writing clubs'. I will keep you posted on their progress.
good work!
ReplyDelete